Follow me ❤

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Hello Kitty bento set


Anything Hello Kitty related never fails to impress me. I know, I am a sucker for Hello Kitty, since I was 7 or 8. I remember owning everything Hello Kitty, from hat to shoes, from head to toe. I know right, just visualising it only, I can imagine how hideous looking I was.

Anyway, that's not the point of today's post. Today's post is about the Hello Kitty bento I made few weeks ago. Posted it on every owned social network of mine and I have been complimented and questioned profusely. So many people have been asking how I did it. 

Frankly speaking, I am not very satisfied with the outcome yet but I suppose it's a pass for a first timer. (:


I do not have many tools for bento making. In fact, these hello kitty cookie cutters are the only ones I owned. And yeah, they were meant to cut cookies but anyhow la, as long as I managed to mold a cat face lol.

So this is how this dish is prepared.

Tools: Scissors, Knife, Toothpicks, Mayonnaise, Hello Kitty cookie cutters

Ingredients:

1. Hello Kitty 1: Rice (duh!)

2. My Melody: Pink rice by stir frying rice with a gallop of ketchup and some onion

3. Octopus: Hot dog

4. Japanese inspired tamagoyaki: Egg and ham

5.Hello Kitty 2 (orange): Cantaloupe

6. Hello Kitty 3 (shown clearly in bottom pic): Croquettes


Method:

1. Use the hello kitty cutter to shape the rice and croquette. As for the cantaloupe, it is impossible to cut using the cookies cutter because cantaloupes are too hard. Therefore, just press the mold hardly onto the fruit then carve it out using a knife.

2. For melody, use cling wrap to shape the rice.

3. Cut nori sheets and cheese for the eyes and mouth, ham for the ribbon.

4. (Optional) Mayonnaise can be used as adhesion.

5. Using a toothpick, dip into mayonnaise and dot eyes onto the hot dog.

6. Decorate the bento as you desire.

I hope this helps. It is really a lot easier than it seems. All you need are time and patience. Have fun creating your own bento set! 

No comments:

Post a Comment